Probiotics are beneficial forms of gut bacteria that help stimulate the natural digestive juices and enzymes that keep our digestive organs functioning properly.
Microalgae are probiotic foods that have been shown to increase the amount of both Lactobacillus and bifidobacteria in the digestive tract.
In addition to detoxify our body, microalgae stimulate the immune system.
DIY, Recipe for Microalgae Yogurt
Protect your immune system with a delicious microalgae yogurt!
Must have: yogurt maker
Makes: 7 Servings
Time: 15min preparation + 8h yogurt maker + 2h gauze (optional)
- 2g microalgae
- 20g sugar
- Thin shavings of ½ lemon
- 1 litre of milk at room temperature
- 1 natural yogurt
- Muesli to taste
- Add the microalgae to the sugar and stir till is nice and even.
- Pour all the remaining ingredients, except the Muesli, in a suitable container, and stir till everything is completely blended.
- Pour the mixture into the various cups of the yogurt maker and turn it on for 8 hours.
- If you want a thicker yogurt, a creamier type, after the 8 hours, put the yogurt in a strainer lined with gauze on top of a container and let the serum of the yogurt run for 2 hours to become more concentrated.
- Then, stir well and serve as the image bellow, with muesli to taste.